Excuse Student Absence Form
TO BE FILLED OUT AND SUBMITTED BY THE STUDENT’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN ONLY
- The purpose of this form is for the parent or legal guardian of a student who is absent from school to report the absence to Bridgewater Academy, as is required by law. This form replaces the need for you to submit a handwritten note to your child’s teacher. However, it does NOT replace the need for proper documentation that accompanies these notes to be submitted.
- This form is to be filled out and submitted for each day that a student is absent.
- Use this form to report both FULL-DAY and HALF-DAY absences.
- In the event that a student is absent for several consecutive days, a separate form must be filled out and submitted for each day that the student is absent.
- This form must be filled out and submitted by no later than 10:00am on each date of absence.
LEGAL NOTICE: This form is to be filled out and submitted only by the student’s parent or legal guardian. In the event that a person other than the student’s parent or legal guardian fills out and submits this form, Bridgewater Academy reserves the right to take any legal action for fraudulent submission, and, where pertinent, to take disciplinary action against any Bridgewater Academy student who is involved in fraudulent submission.